Monday, May 6, 2013

Old T-Shirt New Scarf



Here is my old T-shirt. It's stained and I know that I'll never wear it again. That's what happens when you're a mommy. All the babies goo gets on you, but its all worth it. 


 
So I cut my t-shirt under the sleeves straight across.  
 
 In the above photo I chose how far I wanted to end my cut and folded the top down as a guide.

 T-shirt material is like magic. When you're done cutting all you need to do is give it a tug and stretch out the fabric and it curls. So even if your cuts aren't perfect once you pull on the fabric it will hide most imperfections.  


I might braid a few of the strips. I love this look. It's very light weight and can be worn over a simple tank in the summer. I must admit I was singing Beastie Boys "She's Crafty" while I did this project.

Thanks for Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment