Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Where's The Beef?

My best-friend had an amazing 30th birthday. It was an 80's theme party and surprisingly enough almost everyone showed up in costume.  This is a picture of us getting ready for the party. I crimped her hair and used bright colored make up. I wish I would've asked my sister how she got her hair so high in the 80's. I think I was going for a Pat Benatar look with my bangs in my eyes. My best-friend Raylene lives 600 miles away from me. So I packed up the family and drove all night so that we could be there for her celebration. Her husband called me weeks before the party and offered to fly me up there. I was supposed to be his gift to her, but because we don't see each other very often I wanted to bring the family so she can see how big my kids are getting. I had so much fun seeing her and her family, they all mean so much to me. I am so grateful I was able to celebrate her birthday with her. 
Where's the beef? There isn't any... I made pulled pork nachos.


Pork shoulder roast. 

10 hours in a crock pot and it just melts with a touch of the fork.


Nacho Cheese Sauce

Toppings

  Top the nachos with onions, cilantro, tomato, jalapeno, avocado, and sour cream.



This was so yummy, I made it again tonight and had Noni (my mom) and Papa Jim (my father in law) over for dinner. It's a lot of food for just one family. Plus I have leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment